This one must be listed among the best dacs under 1000 dollars. A functional stuffing here is placed in a compact case: a DAC based on an ESS Saber 9016 chip, a Bluetooth module, a phono preamp, a headphone amplifier, and a Class D power amplifier, delivering 50 watts per channel at 8 ohms and 100 watts at 4 ohms. Updated topology improved dynamics and reduced noise levels.
The new, fully asynchronous DAC is ready to handle PCM signals up to 32 bit / 384 kHz and DSD signals up to 5.6 MHz. It is equipped with subwoofer output, speaker outputs, as well as RCA inputs and outputs, coaxial and optical inputs, and a headphone output.
PS Audio Sprout100 Pros and Cons
- Headphones amp brings very clean sound
- Built-in Bluetooth for wireless listening
- Phono preamp does a professional job with turntables
- Both analog and digital inputs are included
- Audiophile kind of playback
- 3 dimensionality is provided
- There’s a Bass Boost option which can be muted on the remote control
- The low-pass filter is activated with a connected subwoofer
- Detailed user-friendly interface
- The volume dial isn’t smooth when turning it
- Not enough remote control features
- Not all kind of speakers match this DAC