Here is another one of the best amp Dac combo, for this time is from Marantz. HD-DAC1 looks stunningly beautiful with its retro design. To my mind everything is absolutely perfect about it: premium quality, 2 optical connections, coaxial and USB type B digital inputs capable of 192kHz/24bit.
In thanks for those multiple connections, this device can be used to stream music directly from your Mac or PC. All possible iDevices can also be connected via the USB port. Moreover, it has noise isolation for all inputs including USB-A, optical, coaxial and USB-B. HD-DAC1 includes three-level control, so it can drive audiophile high-impedance headphones up to 600 ohms.
Marantz HD-DAC1 Pros and Cons
- Unique retro design
- Lots of connections suitable for every user
- All included inputs are noise isolated and qualitatively made
- Three-level gain control for different sound types
- Suitable for iDevices
- Has Porthole Display for additional info about current work
- It has more weight compared to other similar products
- Sometimes sounds like unnatural digitized music
- Does not reproduce high frequencies that clearly