Topping D10 has all characteristics of the best cheap dac. The heart of this system is the ESS ES9018K2M, which allows processing sound with a resolution of up to 384 kHz/32 bit, and DSD up to 11.2 MHz. The main advantages are USB power, easy replacement of operational amplifiers and the ability to work as a digital signal source.
The housing of the D10 is small, completely metallic and consists of two parts. On the front, there’s a screen which shows a bit rate and type of played sound. On the back, we have RCA output for active acoustics, and 2 digital outputs: line and coaxial. There is only one input here – USB.
TOPPING D10 Pros and Cons
- Very simple assembly
- Automatic installation of drivers and other software
- Compatibility with Android, Windows, and Mac
- Interchangeable interfaces due to the Line, Opt/Coax outputs and support of hard decoding
- Nice-looking orange indicator
- Auto on/off synchronized with your computer
- The OP can be replaced and reveal some new parameters to your audio
- There’s no headphone amp
- No level regulator which is very inconvenient with monitor speakers
- With original OP sound is a bit indistinct