This is a desktop stationery combine for use with headphones or speakers and for sure one of the best dacs under 200$. It supports all audio formats, in the resolution of PCM 32/768 and DSD. The DX3 Pro runs on two AK4493, which easily supports the DSD512. Especially since the combine produces 1000 mWx2/32Ω or 125 mWx2/300Ω at the headphone output.
It also has nice stuffing. In addition to two AK4493 chips, the DAC is equipped with OPA1612 operational amplifiers and an XMOS U208 USB interface. This model offers, above all, an output signal of 600 mV at a load of 2 kОhms, so it can drive most modern headphones.
Topping DX3 Pro Pros and Cons
- Clean detailed sound is guaranteed
- Lots of inputs and outputs
- Compatible with most modern headphones
- Solid metal housing
- Playing through Bluetooth has no interruptions or issues about quality
- You can run line, amp and headphone outputs at the same time
- USB input works perfectly with different sample frequencies
- The sound quality isn’t dropping at low volume
- No 6.3 mm jack for the headphones
- AC adapter is cheap-looking
- Driver problems may occur and then you need to plug in the device and reinstall the drivers